How Low Can You Go?

In our current real estate market in the Northern Illinois area, there are a lot of homes to choose from.

I still see the occasional multiple offer situation. But today's home buyer typically has more time now, to negotiate an offer on a home of interest.

As your buyer's agent, we will look over recent sales in the neighborhood, compare that to what is available for sale, try to find out what the seller paid for the house, how much was mortgaged etc.

After reviewing this information, we can come up with a strategy for an initial offer on the house. Some buyers feel compelled to start with a really low offer, just to see what will happen.

I'm fine with that. I'm representing you as your buyer's agent. When I'm on the other side of the deal, working as the seller's agent, I always advise my selling clients not to be offended by a low offer - it's an offer. We come up with a counter offer and work to negotiate back and forth until we can settle on a price that is acceptable to all parties.

Every sale is unique, each person's reason for moving is different. We can start with a low offer - and see what happens.

My goal is to get you the home you want, with the sales price that you are happy with.

Jim Starwalt

Thinking of making a move? Log onto my website at www.StarHomeFinders.com and search the Multiple Listing Service from over 150,000 homes for sale. Registering is quick and easy!

Jim Starwalt, Broker Associate RE/MAX Center, Phone: 847-548-2625 Jim@StarHomeFinders.com

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *