What's It Worth To You?

Deciding what you'll pay for a home.

Ideally, when you have found a home that would like to buy, your feelings will be somewhere between "I love this house and will pay anything" and "I really don't care if they accept my offer".

I say this because my goal is to help you find a home that you are excited about.

In the Northern Illinois area, buyers do not typically start out with their best offer for a house. Most sellers and buyers expect to negotiate at least a little.

My job, as your buyer's agent, is to give you some advice on where we should start with our initial offer. My suggestions are going to be based on what has sold recently, that are comparable to the home you are looking at. And my advice is going to be based on the current real estate market conditions, along with the physical condition of the home you are considering.

As your buyer's agent, I will provide you with the following information: what is for sale in the neighborhood, what has sold in the past year in the neighborhood, what the last know purchase price was for the home, and if the tax records indicate what mortgage amounts may be on the house.

Ultimately, you are in charge and I will present any offer that you would like to write up. But if you're serious about buying a home, together we can come up with a good negotiating strategy to get you the home you want.


Jim Starwalt

Thinking of making a move? Log onto my website at www.StarHomeFinders.com and search the Multiple Listing Service from over 150,000 homes for sale. Registering is quick and easy!

Jim Starwalt, Broker Associate RE/MAX Center, Phone: 847-548-2625 Jim@StarHomeFinders.com

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *