- Replace batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors twice a year.
- Fireplace chimneys and flues should be inspected and cleaned by a professional chimney sweep annually.
- Keep combustible and flammable materials awy from furnaces and water heaters.
- Keep clothes dryer vents clean. Link buildup can cause fires and carbon monoxide backup.
- Keep a fire extinguisher where it is easily accessible and train family members on proper operation.
Click here to search Grayslake Homes for Sale.
Thinking of making a move?
Log onto my website at www.StarHomeTeam.com and search Northern Illinois Homes for sale.
Easily search Northern Illinois Homes for Sale with photos, open houses and virtual tours at StarHomeTeam.com
Jim Starwalt, Real Estate Broker
Find Me Online
Illinois Home Safety Tips 2014